Thursday, October 27, 2011

At the Park...

Amber: This is fun! Swinging! I love the park - this is great!

Chloe: This IS really fun.

Amber: Eh, I'm over it. I'd like to eat some woodchips now.

Chloe: You're not allowed.

Amber: The park sucks.

Chloe: You'll like it once you are big like me - you will lose your interest in eating lumber and get to go climbing like me and my friend.

Amber: Oh, he's your friend, is he?

Chloe: Yeah, he my friend.

Amber: What's his name?

Chloe: Uh. His name... his name is... "hey, friend."

Amber: As I suspected. Just be careful.

Chloe: I careful.

Amber: I'm just saying that when boys don't take the time to make sure you know their name, they could be trouble.

Chloe: Whattya talk?

Amber: This boy could lead you right over a cliff... or a jungle gym.

...

...

(Chloe travels to a different playset)

...

...

Mommy: Chlo, be careful! That boy is bigger than you... I don't know if that's a good---

(CRASH)

(tears, kisses, tears, kisses, hugs, fear, tears, kisses)

Chloe: Sometimes the park sucks.

Amber: Yup.





No comments: