Monday, August 29, 2011

Last Beach Trip of the Summer

Chloe: I am so depressed.

Amber: What's the matter?

Chloe: Last weekend was our last beach weekend of the summer. On the ride home, I fell asleep and when I woke up, we were in our driveway and I cried!!

Amber: But, fall is coming!

Chloe: I still don't undestand what that means. Who is falling? I don't like falling.

Amber: No, I mean 'autumn.'

Chloe: Yeah, Mommy said that, too. I don't know what that means either.

Amber (pauses): It means not summer.

Chloe: AND THAT'S WHY I'M DEPRESSED.

Amber: But, fall, I mean autumn, whatever has lots of fun stuff! Halloween and pumpkins and we can put spider things on the windows to scare Daddy.

Chloe: Mommy really does enjoy that.

Amber: Yeah, and then we can dress up for Halloween! Didn't Mommy say we were going to all be superheroes? That will be awesome! I can't wait to dress up as---

Chloe: WAIT! Don't tell. We have to give people reason to keep visiting the blog, Amber.

Amber: Oh, right. But, it will be so fun! And if we're good, maybe they'll take us to StorybookLand for trick or treating and I'll be outside Mommy's uterus this time.

Chloe: That would be cool... but I'm still sad. I want to be with Aunt Diane!

Amber: She will be home in the city soon and then we can see her here! Plus, she will have us over for Thanksgiving and again, I'll be out of Mommy's uterus!

Chloe: Ok, I feel better. Let's get to captioning.


Amber: Very good! Here I am, trying to climb over Daddy to get over to the sand that he does not want me to eat.

Chloe: Yeah, he's a pistol that way. I find that if Mommy is watching you, she actually will let you eat a fist of sand before stopping you.

Amber: Well, I guess I drew the short straw. Mommy was letting you MARINATE in the stuff and I just wanted a small taste.


Chloe: Daddy is fun, though. He and I were doing a lot of building.

Amber: I think I slept through that.


Chloe: Daddy kept trying to design things that didn't look inappropriate for children and eventually came up with the idea of designing a number wheel so we could talk about numbers while we were building.

Amber: Yeah, he's like the freakin' PBS channel... always trying to sneak stuff in while we're not looking.

Chloe: Well, I started counting for him to help him out, but when I said, "1, 2, 3, 4, 9" he grabbed his head and built a 5.



Amber: Ah, here she is... our lovely hostess.

Chloe: Yeah, I just love her. Hey, where was Uncle John?

Amber: I think he was working that day.

Chloe: What a sucker.

Amber: Yeah.

Chloe: When Mommy told me at the end of the trip that we had to leave, she explained that Aunt Diane and Uncle John had to go back to work and she asked me if I knew what people worked for and I said, "To buy me nice things."

Amber: What did Uncle John say?

Chloe: "Well, that's accurate."

Amber: LOL!

No comments: