Friday, August 27, 2010
I want someone to put a stop to this redneck bullshit pron-teen-to. Like yesterday... or better, THIRTY YEARS AGO.
I cannot tell you the number of times I have engaged with people on the interwebs (my first mistake, I know) and been told that racism doesn't exist in this country and that the only ones calling attention to race are black people... black people who are making problems where problems don't exist.
I guess none of those people have ever visited Nettleton, Mississippi.
So, a couple of thoughts:
1) Since there is no category for "Your Daddy is an N word," should I assume that Chloe and Amber would be eligible for no offices since they are of mixed race?
2) Isn't Mississippi ranked LAST in education in this country?
3) This is a repeat, but it's worth mentioning twice: WE ARE NEVER MOVING TO MISSISSIPPI.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Chloe: Wan Wat Cats.
Mommy: Chloe, I don't know what you mean.
Chloe: Wan Wat Cats.
Mommy: I don't get it.
Chloe: Wan Wat Cats
Mommy: I still don't... can you show me?
Chloe (exasperated): KITTIES.
Mommy: Yeah, no, I get that part. Wan wat kitties... wan wat cats...
Mommy: Do you... oh! You want to watch the cats on TV?
Chloe (nodding with look that Mommy is a moron).
Mommy to Daddy: You know how we've been saying she needs to say sentences? I think she says them, we just don't know what they are.
Chloe (sitting and watching Aristocats), sighs: Kitties!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Chloe has a new found affinity for Dora the Explorer. She answers back when Dora asks the audience a question, she yells, "no, no, no" when Swiper the Fox tries to swipe something and she bounces around the living room to the theme song.
Yesterday on the way home from the grocery store, Ed and I heard her singing:
"Do do do do Chloe... do do do do Mommy... do do do do Daddy... (and finally)... do do do do DORA!"
P.S. As soon as IT sets up my computer, we'll be back with new photos...
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Mommy was excited to learn that they make noise.
Look how happy I am!
I love my tools so much that yesterday morning when I had a bad dream and Mommy let me crawl in bed with her and Daddy, I scampered down, found my tools and brought them into bed. Daddy was so excited when the music played and woke him up. You can't really tell from this picture, but he's excited, all right.
It's been three days since the tools arrived and they are still my favorite. Mommy said that's some sort of a record.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Wait, that sounds fun. I may do that anyway.
I enjoy those machines at the Acme that take your quarters and give you a prize. You get the prize AND this bubble thing that you can fashion into a Rudolph-like aparatus. I *really* like cats. A lot.
These are boats. They float in watey.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Oh, and to the lady who was glaring at my Mommy while her kid painted something ugly, let me say this:
1) Don't give my Mommy the stink eye.
2) 18 months old is the PERFECT time to be painting at the studio for the first time because it teaches me patience and how to be comfortable in different surroundings and let's me discover my own creativity.
3) I'm getting a KILLER of a big tooth in right now and I know how to use it, man. I'm serious. Don't give my Mommy the stink eye. Witch.