Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good night light and the red balloon

I do have some pictures to share... but I still need to upload them. To keep Grams satisfied, though, I will share a really cute story from last night.

***

Chloe really loves books. She will go and find one she likes and bring it to you. She then wants into your lap. When you are finished, she will take the book, climb down from your lap, look at the book on her own for a moment and then go find a new book and repeat the process.

Last night, she did this a few times before bringing me "Good Night, Moon" (her fave). We read it once and then she looked at me like we weren't thru yet, so I read it again. She then climbed down, walked over to Daddy and put up her arms so he would pick her up and handed him the book. Which he read to her.

Finally sated, she climbed back down and brought me a new book to read, but GNM is the clear favorite. We ended up with two copies, so I brought one to school for Miss Stella.

I can practically recite it from memory...

"In the great green room, there was a telephone and a red balloon and a picture of...

... the cow jumping over the moon! There were three little bears, sitting on chairs. There were two little kittens and a pair of mittens..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it just amazes me, how smart they get and how quickly... That they know, for example, that the square thing has pictures, and makes you repeat the same sounds again and again. It's like...who taught them that?

It's kinda freaky, if you stop to think about it.

Will you please do a command performance of GNM at the secret event on the secret day next week? (in case she's reading, I'm being covert)? I never read the book.

Heather Kelley said...

You never read Good Night, Moon, Aunt Jennifer? We are shocked. A command performance could be arranged... because if it's anywhere near her toybox, she'll be bringing it over to someone to read. Although, I maintain that I'm the best reader. My pacing is better than Daddy's when it comes to GNM.