Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mommy Post: Working

As many loyal readers will know, I was really nervous about returning to work, but so far everything has been going really well. Since Chloe's preschool spot wasn't open as planned, she has been coming to the office with me. We're getting into a routine and I work my little buns off during her nap times. At times, it seems a little bit challenging, but for the most part, it's good. I thought I would feel really run-down and stressed, but instead I feel pretty happy. I love my office so much more with her in it. And the fact that she doesn't sleep continuously means that I'm forced to be as productive as I can when she does. I'm feeling in touch with my job and in touch with my daughter and it's really ok. Of course, this is day 3. Let's see how the rest of the week goes before I throw a parade in my own honor.

But, I guess my message here is: it can be done. Working Mommies figure it out. I need a t-shirt that reads: "Working Mommies Get it DONE."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But can she type?

Heather Kelley said...

Is that Grams?!