Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vaccinations

It was traumatic, it was upsetting... and Chloe didn't like it either! Actually, I'm really proud of her. She calmed down after the shots very quickly and isn't fussy or anything now. But, when it happened, it was terrible - three big shots, one right after the other. This was the first time I've ever heard and seen her cry because she was in pain. It gave me a preview of skinned knees and sprained ankles and I have to say, I didn't care for it one bit. We can put men on the moon, so why can't these bad boys be given in a dropper? The needles were the size of Chloe's arm, I'm not even kidding.

But, here's for the good news: She's up to 9lbs, 8.9 oz, she's 22.13 inches (a huge jump for her) and her head circumference is 15.43 inches.

I'm getting really worried about returning to work and the pediatrician was very supportive and understanding. She had a lot of nice advice... and then she said "besides, her feet won't hit the floor in day care - she's too cute - they won't want to put her down!" Of course, Ed and I know that she's practically perfect in every way, but it's nice to have confirmation from an expert. :P

No comments: